Thursday, July 15, 2010

More about... blessings...

This is how our blessings come full circle... I'm a little stressed with Gramps stuff and have been stressed over school for a while... one of my biggest supporters... Mrs Kelman. She is a (geriatric) RN... and she always has the best advice and the perfect words of encouragement for school that only a nurse could offer. Well now that we this have health stuff going on with Gramps, she has continually offered to be a resource to me in anyway possible... and a week or so ago sent me the cutest facebook message... entitled "just so you know I'm serious" and she sent her her email, home number, AND cell number!!! Well I just called her, kinda upset, and she knew exactly what information I needed to know and helped me develop a game plan. The gameplan will need continually tweaking, but I have a plan for tomorrow and right now, I need to focus ONLY on tomorrow, not the day after, not a week from now. Why is this woman so kind to me? Well 5 years ago, her daughter, Sarah, was a Resident Assistant working under me at FSU. Well it was Sarah's first year as an RA and it was rough on her bc she was used to going home A LOT, which she could not do with this job. She also had some other transitional stuff she was dealing with... In supporting Sarah and helping her be successful... I was doing what I love-- being a resource (and it was my job too)... but Mrs. K. is still so appreciative of how I worked with her daughter and how I handled the whole situation that she has told me she considers me family and will be there to help in any way I need... One kindness repays another... and the circle continues.


(in the midst of my stress and anxiety,) Thank you God for this good life and forgive me if I do not love it enough.




Sarah got married last year and this is her little guy Caleb;)

1 comment:

  1. That's a nice story. It actually just gave me goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete