Saturday, May 22, 2010

Thanks Tahoe

In the fall of '01 I met a co worker who I will refer to as Tahoe, due to his affection for the Chevy Tahoe he drove at the time. One day, Tahoe and I were talking in one of our offices, about grad school. I was 24/25 ish.... and I was complaining that if I did go to grad school... I would not be done until I was 28... the shock and horror bc apparently 28 is old?!?!?! Tahoe looked at me and said "Heth, you're going 28 one day, one way or another. You might as well have a master's too." As soon as the angels finish singing the Hallelujah chorus, I enrolled in graduate school. I have never regretted taking Tahoe's advice. Today, I heard a couple of women, 50ish discussing certain pursuits they felt they were too old for. Pursuits that would enhance their lives for AT LEAST another 20 years. SO SO sad. Thanks Tahoe... that will never be me.

3 comments:

  1. That Tahoe had some good conventional wisdeom, didn't he? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great advice...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete